Failure Mode Effects Analysis (FMEA)
Key Features: Summary |
Acclaro DFSS was designed to handle Failure Mode and Effects Analyses (FMEAs) with simplicity and efficiency. Acclaro DFSS allows you to quickly and easily analyze the potential failure modes of systems and the resulting effects of those failures.
Typically, FMEA analysis is done after the design is completed, on the released components. This is the 'design it in' and 'then start fixing' approach that leads to delays, cost overruns and poor product performance.
The power of the Acclaro DFSS is how truly preventive FMEA analysis is enabled by integrating FMEAs into the design synthesis process. FMEA analysis can be performed with a clear and prescriptive process during the requirements analysis and design synthesis phases, avoiding the typical wasteful cycles of iteration.
No other FMEA package delivers on a preemptive quality process that integrates with linking and traceability into the design synthesis phase.
Acclaro DFSS FMEAs are compliant with standards Automotive Industry Action Group (AIAG).
Outstanding capability and ease of use:
- Intuitive, simple
- Work direction from functional analysis
- Integrated with functions, changes ripple through
- Context sensitive Help
- Dynamic linking to functional analysis
- Dynamic linking and traceability to implementation of actions
- Generate working Excel spreadsheets
- Cumulative or function specific views.
- Automated Wizard builds skeleton FMEAs from functional decompositions.
- Microsoft Excel
- Text, CSV